AeroCard Universal Mac Driver
• Supports over 30 wireless PCMCIA cards.
• Free evaluation before purchasing.
• OS 9 and OS X (10.2.3) native support.
• Simple to install and configure.
• Works with all standard Internet applications.
• Interoperable with Apple AirPort Base Station.
|The freedom of wireless
connectivity is here with the advent of wireless 802.11b LAN cards. Wireless
connectivity gives you the freedom to work wherever you want. Now Macsense
gives you one more freedom, the freedom to use a PC wireless PCMCIA card
on your Apple PowerBook. The AeroCard Universal Driver is a universal
Mac driver that is compatible with over 30 most popular 802.11b wireless LAN
cards on the PC market today. A complete list of supported Wireless 802.11b
PCMCIA Cards is listed below.
Now, you can turn any PC-only wireless
card into a Mac-compatible card. Enjoy the broad selection of
wireless cards in the PC market today; share a card between Mac and PC; or
turn your current PC wireless card into a Mac-compatible card as well.
Download the free evaluation version and test it for yourself. The evaluation version will function normally and will have full functions for a trial period of thirty minutes. After the trial period, you can reboot to renew the thirty minute trial period, or you can purchase a driver license to remove the time restriction.
AeroCard Universal is updated frequently to add in new functions and card support. Please make sure you have the latest versions.
AirPort support. AeroCard is interoperable with Apple AirPort Base Station, or other 802.11b Compliant access points. Support AirPort style keys.
There are two ways to purchase AeroCard Universal. It is available in a retail package or your can download and evaluate before you buy online.
1. Retail Package. AeroCard Universal Retail package is available from catalog resellers stores and retailers in your area. Included in the package are Installer CD with drivers and User Manual, printed Quick Start Guide, and a serial number Welcome sheet. Use the serial number to activate your driver. Save the serial number welcome sheet on a safe place. You will need to re-enter the serial if you move the card to another Mac.
2. Evaluate First, Buy Later. If you like to evaluate the driver first, you can do so by downloading the evaluation driver here, which allows you to use the driver for 30 minutes. When you're satisfied with the performance and compatibility of the driver with your card, you can then purchase a serial number online to activate the driver permanently. When the trial period expires, you will see a dialog that allows you to enter a serial number or purchase the driver. Click on the "Buy" button to start the online purchase process. Once connected to the Internet, it will direct you to our E-commerce provider, eSellerate, to purchase a serial number. The driver is $25. The purchase is 100% secure and all major credit cards are accepted. Once the purchase process is completed, you will be given a serial number that locks to your MAC address of the wireless card that you're using. Enter the serial number when asked by the Mac driver and immediately be validated; the time restriction will be removed.
For questions and support with the online license purchase, please write to email@example.com or call Customer Service (650)552-9110. Lost your serial number that you purchased through eSellerate To retrieve your purchased serial number, go to AeroCard After-Purchase Services. All you need is the email address when you made the purchase.
Note: Each serial number is uniquely associated
with one WLAN PCMCIA card. You can use the card on as many machines as you
like, but you need a separate serial number for each card you want to use.
AeroCard is compatible with the following Apple PowerBook models:
The supported PowerBook must support PC Card Manager 3.0. Support for other models may be available in the near future, please check this page for an updated list.
|Supported PCMCIA Cards
(34 cards, updated 12/22/02) The following WLAN cards are
compatible with the AeroCard Universal Mac Driver. This list is expanding.
If you have a card which is not shown on the list, or if you encounter
trouble running the Mac driver with your card, please
let us know.
These cards DO NOT YET WORK with our driver: