Serial ATA & Ultra ATA 133 Combo PCI Card for Mac
2-Port Serial ATA plus 1-Port Ultra ATA/133 Card
Upgrade your hard drives to 150MB/s and over 120GB/drive
• Supports both Serial ATA and Ultra ATA emerging technologies
• Compatible with most PCI Power Macintosh and Mac Clones
• Boots from any attached hard drives
• 48-bit LBA support for hard drives larger than 137GB
• Maximum data transfer rate of 1.5Gbps (150MB/s) on Serial ATA connection
• Maximum data transfer rate of 133MB/s on Ultra ATA connection
• Add up to 2 internal Serial ATA hard drives
• Add up to 2 internal ATA/IDE hard drives
• Co-exits with on board SCSI and IDE Devices
• PCI and PCI-X bus compatible
• Supports Mac OS 8.1.x through Mac OS X 10.4
• Supports Apple Drive Setup Utility (V. 1.5 or later)
Macsense Serial ATA & Ultra ATA 133 Combo
PCI adapter card (SUA-100E) delivers the benefits of Serial ATA (SATA) and
Ultra ATA (IDE) technology in a cost effective and single-chip adapter card.
Supporting two SATA and one Ultra ATA/133 ports, this PCI Card enables you
to connect the latest SATA and Ultra ATA drives to your computer.
SATA Ports. Two SATA ports give you burst transfer rates up to 150 MB/second -- 50% faster than traditional ATA/100.
Now is the time to upgrade your Mac's drives to new speeds. With its higher data transfer rates and improved cabling performance, SATA is quickly replacing IDE as the new bus of choice.
This PCI Card is the best solution to upgrade your Macintosh to SATA. To install, simply plug your card into an empty PCI slot and follow the steps in the user-friendly installation guide. There is no drivers to install, and everything just works. Compatible with Mac OS from 8.5 to 10.4 (Tiger), every drive connects to the PCI Card can be bootable and can be the startup disk. Any disk utility program can operate (partition, verify, de-fragment, bootable) on these drives as if they were the stock drive of the computer.
When your drives are upgraded to SATA, everything flies before your eyes. You'll be amazed how your computer now boots up to your desktop much faster, and how you can transfer a large files at a fraction of time than it used to take.
SATA drives will dramatically improve the performance of your Mac, particularly if you frequently load large applications or files. Hard drive performance is especially important with demanding applications such as graphic design and video editing.
Ultra ATA/133 port. The Ultra ATA/133 port breaks the 120GB barrier and allows you to add two high-capacity ATA/IDE hard drives to your computer.
Macsense SATA/IDE Combo PCI Card brings your computer up-to-date. Open your
computing world to the higher performance and larger capacity drives.
Install this card into your PCI slot and make the switch to Serial ATA
Updated 4/23/2005. For corrections or comments about this page, please contact webmaster.